FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida (April 17, 2023) – Applications are now being accepted for the CHTA Education Foundation (Education Foundation) hospitality scholarship.
Since its inception in 1986, the Education Foundation has disbursed more than USD 2.5 million in scholarships to hospitality professionals across the Caribbean. Between 2013 and 2022, 145 scholarships were awarded to Caribbean nationals to study abroad or online at universities in the United States and Europe.
“We encourage students from all Caribbean nations to apply. We want to ensure that as many students as possible access this opportunity to improve their knowledge as it helps to build our regional hospitality industry,” stated Karolin Troubetzkoy, Chair of the CHTA Education Foundation.
Past scholarship recipients include Savion Bethel of the Bahamas, Olivia Chee-A-Tow of Barbados, and Shamorie Glasgow of the British Virgin Islands.
Scholarships are awarded for tuition only and funds will be sent directly to the University or College to pay for or subsidize tuition. No money will be sent to students.
- Have a Minimum GPA of 3.0 or equivalent.
- Submit an endorsement letter from the National Hotel Association
- Three (3) letters of reference/recommendation, if possible, one of which should be from a tourism industry professional. If applicable, an endorsement letter from your current employer should be submitted.
- Transcripts from most recent academic institution or academic course.
- A recent photo of the applicant in jpeg or similar format. (Photos may be used as part of the CHTA Education Foundation promotion and social media campaigns and so should be a positive, cheerful reflection of who you are and your hospitality aspirations.)
- A maximum 400-word statement or a three-minute video explaining your goals and aspirations in the tourism sector.
All Scholarship Applications must be received no later than May 31, 2023.
CHTAEF is a green organization, and the Scholarship Application process is paperless. Please complete the application and email to Foundation@CaribbeanHotelandTourism.com.
If you have any questions, please call 305-443-3040.
To learn more about the Education Foundation, visit chtaef.com.
The CHTA Education Foundation is an independent regional charity established in 1986 with a mandate to improve and elevate the quality and professionalism of the hospitality and tourism industry in the Caribbean through education and training. The Education Foundation has supported various scholars in their pursuit of academic and technical qualifications and partnered to deliver various on-island training workshops where we enjoy engaging with diverse hospitality & tourism professionals in a lively manner. Follow CHTAEF on Facebook @CHTAEducation Foundation, Instagram @chtaef and Twitter @CHTAEduFound.